The hotel module for 3CX Phone System adds additional functions to 3CX Phone System to allow it to be used in hotels or other hospitality environments. The hotel module performs the following functions:
- Allows for Check in and Check out of guests
- Allows setting of guest extensions to Do not Disturb
- Allows blocking of external calls
- Allows wake up calls to be scheduled.
- Allows housekeeping to set room status
- Tracks calls a guest makes and lists them upon check out for easy billing
The hotel module can integrate with many Hotel software systems / Property management systems (PMS) such as Micros Fidelio, Roommaster, Hilton and more. Alternatively the receptionist can use the system directly through the provided web interface.
The hotel module consists of a front end application and a windows service. The Windows Service operates in the background and allows for integration with the Property Management System. With the integration, many of the functions can be triggered from within the PMS software.
The Front Desk Phone Control Application is a simple to use windows or web based application that allows the front desk clerk to perform the above operations. This application can be used separately from the PMS system, and thus requires no integration at all. For many smaller hotels this can be good enough.
The hotel module will track calls made by a guest and output the list upon checkout for easy billing. The list of calls or the total of the calls can be outputted to screen or printer. In addition the information can be sent to the PMS system via CDR or SMDR records. For each case, the exact format can be customized.
3CX PBX supported Property Management Systems / Hospitality Industry Systems
Integration of the hotel phone system / PBX with a Property Management System or Hospitality Industry systems such as Micros Fidelio, Room Master, Hilton and more means that reception staff can perform most functions from within the Hotel Management Software. Most notably these would be check-in and check-out.
The 3CX Phone System hotel module can integrate with PMS systems in the following ways:
- Via the 3CX Protocol, which resembles the Mitel SX 2000 hotel API, such that you can select the Mitel SX 2000 PBX in your hotel software.
- Via the Fidelio protocol
- Via middleware software called Lodging Link. Lodging link integrates with numerous hotel software systems and provides transparent integration with the 3CX PBX hotel module. Supported hotel software systems included can be found here: http://www.comtrol.com/aboutus/partners/hospitality/pms
- Exchange of data can also be done on a custom basis. In this scenario, documentation must be provided by the reseller.
Property / Hotel Management Systems supported
An extract from the 3CX Phone System supported systems:
- Booking Center MyPMS
- Maestro for Northwind
- Fidelity Hotel Management System
- Micros Opera
- Choice Hotels International
- Brilliant Hotelsoftware
- CMS Hospitality Guestcentrix
- Hotec Expert Hotelier Suite
- Hotel Concept
- Atrium INN client server systems
- HSS Hotel Software Systems
- Innfinity software systems
- MyHMS innpoints
- Full list at http://www.comtrol.com/aboutus/partners/hospitality/pms