The hotel module for 3CX Phone System adds additional functions to 3CX Phone System to allow it to be used in hotels or other hospitality environments. The hotel module performs the following functions:
- Allows for Check in and Check out of guests
- Allows setting of guest extensions to Do not Disturb
- Allows blocking of external calls
- Allows wake up calls to be scheduled.
- Allows housekeeping to set room status
- Tracks calls a guest makes and lists them upon check out for easy billing
The hotel module consists of a front end application and a windows service. The Windows Service operates in the background and allows for integration with the Property Management System. With the integration, many of the functions can be triggered from within the PMS software.
The Front Desk Phone Control Application is a simple to use windows or web based application that allows the front desk clerk to perform the above operations. This application can be used separately from the PMS system, and thus requires no integration at all. For many smaller hotels this can be good enough.
The hotel module will track calls made by a guest and output the list upon checkout for easy billing. The list of calls or the total of the calls can be outputted to screen or printer. In addition the information can be sent to the PMS system via CDR or SMDR records. For each case, the exact format can be customized.