Upgrade to Release 7.0 – more than 32 users: IPO LIC UPG R8.0 (267792)
Upgrade to 8.0 for sites with over 32 users or when expansion modules are used
IP Office Release 8.0 will be supported on the following control units: IP500, IP500v2.
IP Office Basic Edition Mu-Law and A-Law SD cards in Release 7.0 enable two modes of operation – Quick Mode and Standard Mode. For IP Office Release 8.0, these have been re-branded to IP Office Basic Edition (PARTNER Mode and Norstar Mode) and IP Office Basic Edition respectively.
When the IP500 V2 is first started, it boots-up in Basic Edition, which offers a simplified management and out of the box operations, two intercom buttons, basic system functionality, voice mailboxes on all telephones, system programming support using the Telephone User Interface (TUI), etc. Basic Edition makes starting and using the system quick and easy.
Starting with Release 8.0, users who need full IP Office functionality need to apply the new Essential edition license before using manager to change from Basic Edition to Essential Edition. Once the system reboots, it re-starts in Essential Edition which is the way it looked and felt in Release 7.0.
Other licensing changes in Release 8.0 are:
- Essential Edition license introduction
- Essential Edition License is a pre-requisite for the Preferred Edition License
- Preferred Edition is now a pre-requisite for Teleworker, Mobile Worker, and Office Worker and Power User licenses..
- Upgrade from any prior release to R8.0 is chargeable
Avaya IP Office C110 Unified Communications Module (IP500 V2 only) This module can be inserted into any of the 4 slots in the IP500 V2 chassis and provides on-board support for the following applications:
- Preferred Edition support for all system users
- User Productivity Package Support
- Mobility Server support