Installed Protocols: SCCP
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 extends the power of IP Communications throughout the enterprise by delivering a powerful converged wireless solution with intelligent wireless infrastructure and an innovative product. The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is an easy-to-use IEE E 802.11b wireless IP phone that provides comprehensive voice communications in conjunction with Cisco CallManager and Cisco Aironet 1200, 1100, 350, and 340 series of Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b) access points. As a key component of the Cisco AVVID Wireless Solution, the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 delivers seamless intelligent services such as security, mobility, quality of service (QoS), and management, across an end-to-end Cisco network.
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is equally adaptable for all mobile professionals, from managers on the move within an office environment to associates working in the warehouse, on the sales floor, or in the call center. Nurses, doctors, educators, and IT personnel can also increase their reachability as an ever-broadening range of industries adopt wireless LANs.
Cisco 7920 Features:
- Pixel-based display provides intuitive access to calling features.
- Two soft keys dynamically present calling options to the user.
- Four-way rocker switch allows easy movement through the displayed information.
- "Hold" key and "Mute" key provides users with the flexibility to either place an active call on hold or to listen only to the conversation without background noise interference.
- Volume-control provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the handset and ringer when in use.
- "Menu" key allows for quick access to information such as directories, call history and phone settings.
- Easy retrieval of voice-mail messages.
- Display missed calls, outgoing calls that have been placed, and incoming calls that have been received.
- Various preferences such as Cisco CallManager ring types, user profiles, and preferred language
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is designed to grow with system capabilities. Features will keep pace with new system enhancements. Currently available, easy-to-use, features include:
- Multi-line appearance (six extensions/speed dials)
- Calling name and number display
- Call waiting
- Call forward
- Call transfer
- Three-way calling (conference)
- Pre-dialing before sending
- Call hold / resume
- Call mute
- Call park
- Call pick-up / group pick-up
- "You Have Voice Mail" message on display
- Hotkey for vibration ring toggle
- Hotkey for keypad lock
- Hotkey for voice-mail access
- Nine speed dials configurable in the set
- Programmable speed-dial hotkeys 2-9
- Comfort noise generation (CNG), voice activity detection (VAD), adaptive jitter buffer, and echo cancellation
- Language support: English, French, German in the first release
- Local phone book
- Time / date display
- Keypad lock / vibration icon indicators
- Idle call state-based soft-keys
- RF and battery level indication
- Wireless Access Protocol: IEEE 802.11b, Direct Sequence with
- Dynamic Rate Scaling at 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps.
- RF channels: Up to 14 depending on regulatory domain. North America: 11, ETSI: 13, Japan: 14
- Frequency range: 2.4-2.497 GHz
- Wireless output power: 100mW Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP) with scaling at 1, 5, 20, 50, 100mW
- Range: 500-1000 ft / 15-300m indoors depending on environment
- Access point support: Cisco Aironet series access points including the 1200, 1100, 350 and 340 series
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- Automatic IEEE 802.1q (Virtual LAN ) configuration
- G.711a, G.711u, and G.729a audio-compression coder-decoders (codecs)
- SNMP Manager
- DHCP or Static Configuration Option
- Alternate TFTP Support
- Over-the-air firmware upgrades supported using a Trivial File
- Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server
- Provisioning of network parameters through Dynamic Host
- Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Site Survey, Trace Route (Hidden Feature), Seamless-Secure
- Roaming, and VLAN Support
- Compatible with Cisco CallManager Version 3.2 and later, using the Skinny Client Control Protocol
- Compatible with Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) Version 2.0 and later.
- Cisco Wireless Security Suite IEEE 802.1X Cisco LEAP authentication: Optional password prompt at power up 40 and 128 bit static Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
- Optional phone lock password