Protocols Installed: SCCP
Cisco Systems is the true market leader in IP Telephony delivering unsurpassed features and reliability that are synonymous with the Cisco brand. "Feature identical" to the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G, the CP-7961G-GE adds Gigabit Ethernet. The Cisco IP phone 7961G-GE (CP-7961G-GE) is an upgrade to the CP-7960G, a key offering in the Cisco 7900 series IP phone portfolio. The CP-7961G-GE has added IEEE 802.af Power Over Ethernet compliance and a higher resolution LCD display. The Cisco 7961G-GE IP phone provides small, medium and enterprise customers with advanced features and rock solid stability. The 7961G-GE includes a large pixel based LCD display, full duplex speaker phone and an internal Cisco Ethernet switch. The internal two port Ethernet switch allows a computer and the phone to be daisy chained, reducing the amount of cabling and Ethernet jacks needed for the office. The system administrator can designate separate virtual LANs (VLANs) (802.1Q) for the PC and the IP Phone providing improved security and reliability of voice and data traffic.
The Cisco IP Phone 7961G-GE supports inline Power over Ethernet (PoE) which eases installation and reduces clutter in the workspace. The foot stand is adjustable from flat to 60 degrees to provide optimum display viewing and comfortable use of all buttons and keys. The foot stand is also keyed to match standard wall jack configurations for wall mounting. The Cisco IP Phone 7961G-GE supports Cisco's Call Manager Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP).
A dedicated headset port eliminates the need for a separate amplifier when using a headset. This allows the handset to remain in its cradle, making headset use simpler. The Cisco IP phone's convenient volume control button provides for easy decibel-level adjustments for the speakerphone, handset, headset, and ringer. The handset in Haring Aid Compatible (HAC) and meets FCC loudness requirements for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Section 508 loudness requirements can be achieved using industry standard inline handset amplifiers such as Walker Equipment W-10 or CE-100 amplifiers.
Benefits & Features:
- • Messages: The phone offers direct access to voicemail.
- • Directories: The phone identifies incoming messages and categorizes them for users on the screen. This feature allows users
- to quickly and effectively return calls using direct dial-back capability. The corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight
- Directory Access Protocol Version 3 (LDAP3) standard directory.
- • Settings: The Settings feature key allows the user to adjust display contrast, select background images (if available), and select
- from a large number of unique ringer sounds through the User Preference menu. Network Configuration preferences also can
- be set up (usually by the system administrator). Configuration can be either automatically or manually set up for Dynamic Host
- Control Protocol (DHCP), Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), Cisco Unified CallManager, and backup Cisco Unified Call
- Manager instances. Other available Settings submenus include Device Configuration and Security Configuration.
- • Services: The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE allows users to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks,
- quote of the day, or any Web-based information using XML to provide a portal to an ever-growing world of applications, features,
- and information.
- • Help: The online Help feature gives users information about the phone keys, buttons, and features. The pixel display allows for
- greater flexibility of features and significantly expands the information viewed when using features such as Services, Information,
- Messages, and Directory. For example, the Directory button can show local and server-based directory information.
- • Display: The phone has a large, high-resolution, graphical 4-bit grayscale display (320 x 222).
- • Speakerphone, Mute, and Headset Buttons: The phone offers high-quality speakerphone technology, including easy-to-use
- speaker On/Off, Microphone Mute, and Headset buttons. These buttons are lit when active. For added security, the audible dual
- tone multifrequency (DTMF) tones are masked when the speakerphone mode is used.
- • Ethernet Switch: The internal 2-port Cisco Ethernet switch allows for a direct connection to a 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet
- network through an RJ-45 interface with single LAN connectivity for both the phone and a co-located PC. The system
- administrator can designate separate VLANs (802.1Q) for the PC and Cisco Unified IP phones, providing improved security
- and reliability of voice and data traffic.
- • Headset Port: A dedicated headset port eliminates the need for a separate amplifier when using a headset. This feature allows
- the handset to remain in its cradle, making headset use simpler.
- • Volume Control: The convenient Volume Control button on the phone provides for easy, decibel-level adjustments for the
- speakerphone, handset, headset, and ringer. The handset is hearing aid-compatible (HAC). Additional volume control gain
- can be achieved using an inline handset amplifier such as Walker Equipment W-10 and CE-100 amplifiers.
- • Adjustable Foot-Stand: The phone foot-stand is adjustable from flat to 60 degrees to provide optimum display viewing and
- comfortable use of all buttons and keys. The foot-stand is keyed to match standard wall-jack configurations for wall mounting. Two
- optional wall-mount brackets are also offered, as noted later in this document.
- • Flexible Power Options: The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE supports Cisco Pre-standard Power over Ethernet (PoE), which
- allows powering from any of the Cisco Inline Power-capable blades and boxes. In addition, it supports IEEE 803.af PoE. The
- phone can be powered locally with a power supply
- • Multiple Ring Tones: More than 24 user-adjustable ring tones are available.
- • Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Features A HAC handset (meets ADA requirements) is available, as well as HAC
- compliance for magnetic coupling to approved HAC hearing aids. The dial pad is also ADA-compliant.
- • Signaling Protocol Support: The phone offers Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) support.
- • Codec Support: G.711µ and G.729a audio compression codecs are available.
- • Quality of Service (QoS) Options: The phone supports differentiated services code point (DSCP) and 802.1Q/p standards.
- • Security: The phone supports manufacturing-installed digital certificates, device authentication, and encryption.
- • Language Support: Support for more than 20 languages is built in (depends on Cisco Unified CallManager version).
- • Configuration Options: IP address assignment can be statically configured or configured through the DHCP client.
- • Voice Quality: Comfort-noise generation and voice activity detection (VAD) programming are performed on a system basis.