Policy & Agreement
Catalog prices, specifications, and terms of offers are subject to change without notice. The Telecom Spot is not responsible for typographical and/or photographical errors. Customer pays return shipping charges for all RMA services. The Telecom Spot reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- American Express
- Pre-paid company check, personal check, cashier's check or money order (Note: Pre-paid methods, including cashier's checks, take slightly longer to process because all payments must first clear with the bank due to the risk of fraudulent checks.)
- UPS Next Day Air Early AM
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS 2nd Day Air AM
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS Ground
- The Telecom Spot does not process orders during weekends.
- All orders shipped within Texas will be charged sales tax.
The Telecom Spot already offers very competitive prices on our products. If you find a better price, we will do our best to match or beat it. Our prices are updated daily. At the time you make a purchase you agree to the listed price and we cannot make a price adjustment after an order has been placed.
Sales tax is only required for orders shipping within our resident state of business. Therefore all orders shipping within Texas will be charged any applicable sales tax unless a valid tax exemption certificate is provided at the time of sale. Should any tax be imposed by law, government agencies, affecting the merchandise billed after this, the customer agrees to pay such tax beyond the amount of each invoice. Please fax all certificates to 972-334-9650.
The customer is responsible for paying all applicable duty taxes that are required for any order. Should any tax be imposed by law, government agencies, affecting the merchandise billed after this, the customer agrees to pay such tax beyond the amount of each invoice.
The Telecom Spot, like other e-tailers, ships items in the condition they were received from the original manufacturer/distributor. The Telecom Spot does not conduct testing of any products unless explicitly stated.
For your convenience, we offer returns on items purchased through us. All return requests must be received within 30 days of the date of invoice (regardless of when you actually took delivery of the product). All sales on software and licenses are final and are not eligible for a refund.
- Products returned New, Unopened in perfect condition with all packaging and item materials and manuals that can be resold as new are subject up to a 15% restock fee + Shipping cost.
- Products returned Used, Opened in close to perfect condition or with all packaging and item materials and manuals that can be resold as open box are subject up to a 25% restock fee + shipping costs.
- Products returned Used, Opened in user damaged condition or without all packaging and item materials and manuals that cannot be resold as new or open box are refused and returned to customer. If a customer refuses delivery of returned item and/or the item is disposed of by the shipping carrier, the customer is still charged for that item and will not be entitled to a refund.
In the event that you receive a defective product there are 2 methods available for receiving a replacement:
- Standard Replacement: The Telecom Spot will ship a replacement upon receipt of the defective product. Replacements are typically shipped within 1-2 days of the receipt of the defect product, however, it may take up to 4 weeks to turn around. A return authorization number is required for all returns. Customer agrees to bear all shipping and insurance charges and all risk of loss for the return product during shipment. If the product you return is deemed to be working, you will be charged a $20 testing fee.
- Advanced Replacement: The Telecom Spot will ship a replacement and charge it to your credit card. Once the defective product is received at our warehouse, we will issue a full credit within 2-5 days of receipt. A return authorization number is required for all returns. Customer agrees to bear all shipping and insurance charges and all risk of loss for the return product during shipment. If the product you return is deemed to be working, you will be charged a $20 testing fee. Some manufacturers mandate that products within the warranty period, but after 30-days from the date of sale, be directly returned to the manufacturer for processing.
- Experiences with a fully-functional product leading to perceived pros and cons**
- Thoughts about the product's feature-set as you've experienced it
- Profanity, obscenity and other offensive language
- Single-word reviews
- Non product-specific reviews
- Any mention of The Telecom Spot's competitors by name
- URLs, specific pricing, and specific availability (or other time-sensitive information)
- Experiences with a DOA, defective, damaged or otherwise semi-functional product**
- Reviews that criticize the brand or reseller without a majority of the review offering product-specific insight
- The Telecom Spot reserves the right to accept or reject any review in its sole and absolute own discretion
- DOA's (Dead On Arrival) are an unavoidable aspect of any business model that involves direct shipment to customers. Please understand that The Telecom Spot ships only products it assumes to be functional and that any defective product you may have received was either damaged in transit or was anomalous.
- To return a product in compliance with The Telecom Spot’s policies, you must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number within the guarantee return period for the product (described above). Please contact us to acquire an RMA number. The Telecom Spot will not accept returns without prior authorization and a RMA number. Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for 14 days within which return products must be received by The Telecom Spot. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued. Customer should prominently display the RMA number(s) on the shipping label of boxes containing the returned product.
- Customer is solely responsible for shipping any returned product to The Telecom Spot. Customer agrees to use only reputable carriers capable of providing proof of delivery and insurance for the entire value of the shipment. Customer agrees to bear all shipping and insurance charges and all risk of loss for the return product during shipment. Customer agrees that all returned products will be 100% complete, in re-saleable condition, and will include the original packaging material, manuals, blank warranty cards, and other accessories provided by the manufacturer. If any component of the returned product is missing, The Telecom Spot’s Return Procedure will be breached and The Telecom Spot may in its sole and absolute discretion reject the entire return or choose to impose additional charges against the customer for replacement of the missing component(s).
- Per our returns/refund policy a restocking fee may apply. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
Physical Damage Policy
Physical damage to any product purchased at The Telecom Spot will effectively void warranty coverage. Improper installation of any of our product(s) will void the warranty. Physical damage includes but is not limited to improper handling and/or any other type of damage sustained by irregular usage. Our manufacturers/distributors will not accept physically damaged product(s). As a result, The Telecom Spot will return any physically damaged product(s) back to the customer at the customer's expense.
Technical Support and Installation
The Telecom Spot recommends that you have a trained technician install any equipment purchased from The Telecom Spot. This is to ensure that there are no problems with installation, programming, and will help to protect your equipment from damage. If you need a recommendation of an installer in your area, please contact us. The Telecom Spot does not offer any free technical assistance with the products we sell. We can offer advice on compatibility of items, make product recommendations, provide sales advice, however, technical support is very time consuming and is usually offered for a fee only. Depending on the type of equipment and support needed, these support services may incur additional costs. Typical billing rates for support range from $75 to $125 per hour, and sometimes with a one hour minimum.
You can expect your order to be processed within approximately 24-48 hours, provided the items are in stock and there are no problems with payment verification. The Telecom Spot does not guarantee same day-shipping, however, most orders received by 3PM Central Time are shipped same day. Orders are not processed on weekends and holidays.
Occasional inventory discrepancies may occur due to inaccurate inventory counts or possibly because the last few items on our shelves are damaged and/or not in a condition that we can in good faith sell to a customer. In that instance we will contact you directly to give you the choice of a refund or to wait for the item to become available.
The Telecom Spot will keep you informed of your order status via e-mail.
Security is our number one priority. All on-line transactions are sent through our secure server and encrypted. Once we receive your information through the internet, only trusted, authorized employees will process the payment to make sure your information is handled with the utmost level security.
The Telecom Spot respects your privacy. We will not sell or release your information. All of the information obtained from our web site will be used for processing purposes and for supporting our customer relationship.
The advertisement of any product on this site does not constitute an offer to sell. Your order or your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. The Telecom Spot reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order. All orders placed must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit department. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
You may request a change to your order provided the order has not already been charged to your account. Please call us during The Telecom Spot’s hours of operation to request a change to your order. Please have your sales order number or customer number ready for better assistance. We strongly discourage sending change order requests via email because it is unlikely we will receive the message in time to make an adjustment.
You may request than an order be cancelled provided the order has not already been processed and shipped. Simply call 972-334-9622 during The Telecom Spot’s hours of operation to request an order cancellation. You will receive a credit for the full amount to your credit/debit card in approximately 2-3 business days. We strongly discourage sending order cancellation requests via email because it is unlikely we will receive the message in time to void the order. If the item has shipped and if you receive the order, then you may refuse delivery to avoid the cost of return shipping. However, in any case after the order has been shipped, the cost to ship the item to and back will be charged for all returned/refused shipments. A possible 5% (minimum) to 20% (maximum) restocking fee maybe assessed at the time of return.
Resellers are welcome.
The Telecom Spot may offer volume discounts on specific products.
The Telecom Spot strives for accuracy in all item descriptions, photographs, compatibility references, detailed specifications, pricing, links and any other product-related information contained herein or referenced on our website. Due to human error and other determinates we cannot guarantee that all item descriptions, photographs, compatibility references, detailed specifications, pricing, links and any other product-related information listed is entirely accurate, complete or current, nor can we assume responsibility for these errors. In the event a product listed on our website is labeled with an incorrect price due to some typographical, informational, technical or other error, The Telecom Spot shall at its sole discretion have the right to refuse and/or cancel any order for said product and immediately amend, correct and/or remove the inaccurate information. Additionally, all hyperlinks to other websites from The Telecom Spot are provided as resources to customers looking for additional information and/or professional opinion. The Telecom Spot does not assume responsibility for the claims and/or representations made on these or any other websites.
The Telecom Spot is not responsible for changes or variations in product specifications and/or physical appearance. In the interest of our customers, The Telecom Spot puts forth its best efforts to ensure that all product information is up-to-date and factual. Unfortunately there are varying determinates which, although infrequent, could cause the information on our website to become outdated without our immediate knowledge. This includes but is not limited to new versions or revisions, color deviations, retail package alterations and other variations that may be considered inconsequential by the manufacturer. The Telecom Spot relies on the manufacturer/distributor to communicate these differences. Presently we have no way of alerting customers prior to purchase in the event the manufacturer fails to do so. Consequently, The Telecom Spot will not be held responsible for product revision changes.
All review submissions are subject to moderation by The Telecom Spot. Please follow our submission guidelines. The Telecom Spot moderates all review submissions to ensure that only reviews that offer helpful insight are published.
What to include in your submission:
The Telecom Spot Purchase Agreement
By accepting delivery of any product delivered from The Telecom Spot ("The Telecom Spot"), you ("Customer") agree to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below. You and The Telecom Spot agree that the following terms and conditions are the exclusive terms governing the sales transaction between Customer and The Telecom Spot. Any attempt to alter, supplement, modify or amend these terms and conditions by the Customer will be considered a material alteration of this agreement and, therefore, are null and void. In addition, these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. Therefore, please check these terms and conditions carefully each time you place an order with or accept delivery of any goods from The Telecom Spot.
1. Return Policy
The Telecom Spot offers our customers a 30-day refund on most purchases. Any breach of The Telecom Spot's Return Policy Procedure will result in the loss of The Telecom Spot’s refund/replacement commitment. Furthermore, all return shipments not in compliance with these instructions will be rejected.
Product Return Procedure
Equipment purchased from The Telecom Spot carries a 1-year warranty against product defects. No additional warranty is given on replacement parts and software. The warranty period begins on the date the equipment is shipped.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
1) Equipment damaged by accident, abuse, misuse, or neglect.
2) Equipment that has been altered or modified without authorization by The Telecom Spot
3) Equipment with tampered serial numbers and/or warranty stickers.
3) Equipment rendered inoperative by fire, flood, lightening, or any ACT OF NATURE.
4) Equipment not run on a dedicated and grounded electrical outlet with a surge protector.
5) Equipment damaged from power surges.
In these cases, you will be charged for the replacement part, shipping and a service call.
**All new Polycom, Plantronics, Bogen, and Intellitouch products carry extensive one year (or greater) manufacturer's warranties. These product warranties are covered by their respective manufacturer and are not covered by The Telecom Spot.
The Telecom Spot MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR EXPRESS WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT EXCEPT THOSE STATED IN THIS DOCUMENT. The Telecom Spot DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY SUCH PRODUCT, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM STATUTE, TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
3. YEAR 2000 POLICY
Customer's only recourse for any "Year 2000" issue is against the applicable manufacturer under its manufacturer warranty. Please contact the manufacturer to determine warranty coverage for "Year 2000" compliance problems. The Telecom Spot DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO "YEAR 2000" COMPLIANCE OF ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARICULAR PURPOSE.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES THE TELECOM SPOT'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS SOLD. THE TELECOM SPOT SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE UPON A CLAIM OR ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHER CLAIMS RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS IT SELLS WHICH EXCEEDS THIS LIABILITY LIMIT. THE TELECOM SPOT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES AGAINST THE CUSTOMER, OR FOR MALFUNCTION, DELAYS, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT THE TELECOM SPOT HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIMS OR DAMAGES.
5. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment Terms; Orders: An order is not binding upon The Telecom Spot until it is accepted; The Telecom Spot must receive payment before it will accept an order. Payment for product(s) ordered is due prior to shipment. Customer can make payment by credit card, or some other method prearranged with The Telecom Spot. You agree to pay the amount(s) due as specified on the invoice, and you agree to pay interest on all past-due sums at a rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate allowed by law, whichever is greater.
Your total cost for purchase of any product will include shipping and handling charges shown on the The Telecom Spot invoice.
Title; Risk of Loss
The Telecom Spot will arrange for shipment of ordered product(s) to the Customer, Free On Board (F.O.B.) shipping point, meaning title to the product(s) -- excepting software-- and risk of loss passes to the Customer upon delivery to the carrier. The Telecom Spot reserves a purchase money security interest in the product(s) until its receipt of the full amount due. Customer agrees to allow The Telecom Spot to sign appropriate documents on Customer's behalf to permit The Telecom Spot to protect its purchase money security interest. Title to software will remain with the licensor(s). All software is provided subject to the license agreement of the software maker. Customer agrees to be bound by any software license agreement once the seal on the package is broken. The Telecom Spot will advise Customer of estimated shipping dates, but The Telecom Spot will, under no circumstances, be responsible for delays in delivery, and associated damages, due to events beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God or public enemy, acts of federal, state or local government, fire, floods, civil disobedience, strikes, lockouts, and freight embargoes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
In the event legal action and/or the placement of the account with a collection agent The Telecom Spot will be entitled to recover from customer, it's assigns or successors in interest, the actual cost and expenses resulting from said actions including attorney's fees and collection costs. Any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or the sales transaction between The Telecom Spot and Customer shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. Specifically, the validity, interpretation, and performance of this agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. The Telecom Spot and Customer consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and the exclusive venue of the State Courts of the State of Texas, Dallas County, to resolve any dispute between them related hereto, and the parities waive all rights to contest this exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such Courts. Finally, the Customer also agree not to bring any legal action, based upon any legal theory including contract, tort, equity or otherwise, against The Telecom Spot that is more than one year after the date of the applicable invoice.
If any provision contained in this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions and portions of this agreement, and the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified so as to have the most similar result that is valid and enforceable under applicable Texas law. Waiver The failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision of this agreement shall not affect in any way the first party's right to require such performance at any time thereafter. Any waiver by either party of a breach of any provision in this agreement shall not be taken or held by the other party to be a continuing waiver of that provision unless such waiver is made in writing.
The Telecom Spot is not affiliated with and is not authorized or licensed by Avaya. All warranties are through The Telecom Spot, not the original manufacturer.
The Telecom Spot is not affiliated with and is not authorized or licensed by Nortel Networks. Norstar, Meridian, BCM are Trade Marks of Nortel Network's. All warranties are through The Telecom Spot, not the original manufacturer.
The Telecom Spot is not affiliated with and is not authorized or licensed by Cisco. All warranties are through The Telecom Spot, not the original manufacturer.
These terms and conditions, together with The Telecom Spot's invoice regarding the products ordered by Customer, are the complete and exclusive agreement between The Telecom Spot and Customer, and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous proposals, oral or written, understandings, representations, conditions, warranties, and all other communications between The Telecom Spot and Customer relating to the subject products. This agreement may not be explained or supplemented by any prior course of dealings or trade by custom or usage.