BES1020-48T PWR - 48 x 10/100/1000 Mbps ports with PoE on 24 ports + 2 Gigabit
The Nortel Business Ethernet Switch (BES) 1000 family of standalone Layer 2 Gigabit switches provides an easy and affordable way to connect the people, applications and networking products your business depends on every day.
The 1000 series offers high-performance, robust features specifically crafted for your needs, Power over Ethernet (PoE) for easily and conveniently adding plugand- play devices, and user-friendly management through an easy-to-use, illustrative and intuitive GUI.
Used as an aggregation switch, the Business Ethernet Switch 1000 allows you to create a more manageable solution that centralizes the Nortel Business Ethernet 50/100/200 currently deployed in your network — eliminating the need for fullmesh interconnections. The result is a more efficient solution that requires less cabling and fewer ports for interconnections, and a more scalable solution that grows as your business blossoms.
The Nortel Business Ethernet Switch 1000 series joins the Nortel Business Ethernet Switch 50/100/200 series of products to round out the Nortel SMB portfolio, which is made up of awardwinning products that bring all the benefits of performance, security, reliability and convergence to your organization at a competitive cost.
• Switch fabric: 48 Gbps on 24 port, 96 Gbps on 48 port
• Forwarding rate: 93 Mpps on 24 port, 187 Mpps on 48 port
• 8MB flash memory
• 64MB DRAM
• 8,000 MAC address table size
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) (802.3af)
• 4 hardware queues per port
• Reset button
Layer 2 switching
• 32 port-based VLANs (802.1D, 802.1Q)
• VLAN tagging (802.1Q)
• Link Aggregation (802.3ad): 6 aggregations, 4 ports per aggregation
• Spanning Tree/Rapid Spanning Tree (802.1D/802.1w)
• Network topology auto discovery (802.1AB)
• Intrusion control
• Destination address filtering
• EAP (802.1x)
• Per port BaySecure
• IP access control list (ACL)
• Access/password control
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Packet Classification based on 802.1p and DSCP markings
• Weighted Round Robin or Strict Priority Queuing for queue servicing
• Broadcast/multicast packet storm control
• Centralized management of entire SMB portfolio with Business Element Manager
• SNMP v1/v2/v3
• Default IP address
• IGMP v1/v2