The snom 821 was a decisive step towards combining state-of-the-art technology with a new design. It was the beginning of a superior line of business VoIP phones. Its extraordinary elegance and performance combined both: latest technology and well-known snom features.
The snom 821 comes equipped with an integrated 1-gigabit switch. And, also like the snom 870, the snom 821 is available in black and in gray. POE Version, snom no longer includes power supply.
The snom 821 replaces the snom 820 as the entry model of a new generation of snom VoIP business phones. With this new 8xx series, currently consisting of the snom 821 and the snom 870, two main requirements of modern telephony are realized without compromises in one device: mature VoIP technology and a design in a class of its own.
With its large high-resolution TFT color display (8,9 cm (3.5”), 320 x 240 pixels) the snom 821 offers a brilliant depiction of call lists, phone directories, and caller information via the integrated XML browser.
The wideband technology used in the handset captures more than double the frequency spectrum that a standard handset does, making the audio quality comparable to FM radio. On speakerphone a Class D amplifier reliably suppresses interference noise.
The snom 821 WLAN gives you complete freedom in selecting the environment of your choice. Whichever option you prefer, the snom 820 is prepared for any and all scenarios: Power via adapter plus WLAN or Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Moreover, the snom 821 offers all conveniences snom customers have come to expect from us. As security is one of the most important concerns of our time, this topic has always been a priority for snom. Therefore important security features like secure VPN, TLS and SRTP are an integral part of the 821’s firmware. Our continuing goal is to ensure that our customers’ data are protected effectively from any unwanted accessing.
But the snom 821 also offers a wide range of functions that are a necessity these days and highly valued particularly by our business customers. 5-way conferencing, multiple ringtones, and up to twelve different SIP identities are a few examples for the numerous business functionalities provided. The snom 821 allows our customers to operate completely indepently of their current environment – anytime, anyplace.
The phone user interface is designed to be operated intuitively. The keys are positioned so as to be easily seen and used from any angle, regardless of whether the snom 821 is set up with the footstand in the high or low position.
- High-resolution TFT color display (8,9 cm (3,5") 320 x 240pxl)
- integrated 1 Gigabit switch
- Comfortable and intuitive menu structure
- 5-way conferencing (bridge on phone)
- Caller identification on display
- Directory (250 entries)
- Import/export of directory/phonebook
- Speed dial
- Local dial plan
- Lists of missed, received, and dialed calls (100 entries each)
- Indication of calls on hold
- Clock with automatic daylight-saving time, call timer
- Call blocking (deny list)
- Handling of up to 12 calls simultaneously
- ...and many more
|Task Level||Mid-Level, Executive|
|Codecs Supported||G.711, G.722, G.723.1, G.726, G.729A, GSM 6.10|
|RJ45 Ports||2x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s|
|PoE Compatible||Yes (802.3af Compatible)|
|Power Adapter Included||No|
By ValueInno good features ,
- The virtual key interface is nice as it lights up the screen for up to 12 lines/BLFs on the screen while in use. This is extremely helpful in seeing who is on the phone. We have had issues with echo on the speakerphone using G722. G711 is fine, I am not sure if snom has issued a fix for the G722 speaker issue.
By jdornbos good phone! ,
- This phone works great and the plug-n-play auto provisioning with Snom One makes these even more enjoyable.
By VEEP Functional phone, great quality ,
- great high tech phone. works well in our applications. the user interface is like a german car, but once you get used to it, it works well.
By Victor McElwain Echo Issues with Speaker Phone ,
- If your using the HD voice your going to have an echo with speakerphone. It's pretty bad and there is no eta from the manufacturer on how to fix it.