The newly introduced 1608-I is functionally equal to the 1608 but features a higher quality graphical display with white backlight.
The Avaya 1608-I supports eight line appearances / feature keys for the Everyday user.
- 3 row x 24 character backlit display (3.5 inch diagonal)
- Supports 8-line appearances/feature keys with dual LEDs
- 3 contextual soft-keys
- Fixed feature buttons include four-way navigation cluster, volume up/down, mute, speaker, headset, menu, telephony application, hold, conference, transfer, drop, contacts, call log, redial, quick-access voicemail
- High-quality 2-way speakerphone
- Message waiting indicator
- Integrated headset jack
- Desk or wall mountable with optional wall mount adapter
- Firmware upgradeable
- 8 personalized ring patterns
- Powered via 802.3af Power over Ethernet (class 2 device) or optional local power supply
- Dual Ethernet ports for connection of phone and collocated PC w/VLAN separation
- Static or dynamic address assignment
- Compatibility: The Avaya 1608 IP phone is compatible with IP Office R6.0 or higher and Avaya Communication Manager R3.0 or higher