The Nortel IP Phone 2004 is a professional-level desktop IP Phone which is ideally suited for managers, knowledge workers and administrative staff. IP Phone 2004 supports up to twelve user-defined line/programmable feature keys* and comes standard with a large monochrome display which can support converged (voice and data) applications presentation in textual format, high-quality audio speakerphone, an integrated IEEE 10/100 Ethernet switch, context-sensitive soft keys and leverages a robust suite of business communication features as delivered by Nortel Communication Servers such as Business Communications Manager, Communication Server 1000, Communication Server 2100, Multimedia Communications Server 5100 and Meridian 1.
- Integrated Switched Ethernet connection prioritizes voice traffic to ensure high quality voice and reduce wiring and cable requirements.
- Power over Ethernet delivers power from the Data Switching Equipment over Ethernet cabling via the IEEE 802.3af specification.
- DHCP-compatible to simplify network administration by providing centralized, automated IP address management.
- Microsoft TAPI-compliant interface operates with CallPilot and Personal Call Manager providing onscreen displays of call logs, directories etc.
- Standards based solution that allows automatic firmware upgrades as standards as features evolve.