Snom PA1+ Public Announcement System
The Snom PA1+ is an audio expansion device that can be used to turn a SIP PBX into a broadcasting system for high-quality audio announcements or background music. The device comes with an integrated 6.5-watt amplifier that can easily fill large rooms with sound using existing 600-ohm speakers. It also has connections for larger PA systems to be added, providing even more coverage.
The device has a number of other features that make it useful for integration with existing systems. For example, it has configurable relay contacts that can be remotely controlled via SIP or DTMF. This can be used to integrate existing door opening systems or other devices.
In addition, the device has a gigabit switch that can be used to connect LAN cameras for security purposes. The device is designed with high security standards, including SHA 2 encryption, to ensure that communications and data transmissions are secure.
Overall, the Snom PA1+ is a versatile and useful device that can be used to expand the capabilities of a SIP PBX system. Its high-quality audio, flexible connectivity options, and security features make it a valuable addition to any communication or security system.
See Snom PA1 Datasheet
Applications for the Snom PA1+ include:
- Large PA systems driven by external amplifier(s)
- Small PA systems driven by internal PA1+ amplifier (eg. door answering system), and internal relay to open door(s)
- Phone ringer amplifier with ability to drive strobe light as visual indicator
- Multi-cast relay up to 4 SIP identities to four multi-cast IP addresses
Snom PA1+ Highlighted Features:
- Public announcement system for office floors, reception areas and waiting rooms
- Announcements in airports, trains and bus stations, and waiting lounges
- Monitoring of security-sensitive environments like entrances or reception areas
- Remote maintenance
- Power over Ethernet (PoE), IEEE 802.3af, class 3
- SIP communication + Multicast
- Central configuration and maintenance
- Web interface menu
- Remote volume configuration
- 6.5 Watt power amplifier, class D (loudspeaker not included), Impedance 600 Ω
- Key for announcement of IP address and for resetting
- 2 LED status indicators
- Wired interfaces
· 1 coaxial power adapter connector
· 2 RJ45-8P8C Gigabit Ethernet ports
· 2 RCA jack (1 Mic In / 1 Line Out) for wired headset connection3
· 4 pin I/O connector
· 1 loudspeaker connector
- Robust housing for wall-mount
Snom PA1+ package contents:
- PA1+ base unit
- Brackets, screws and expansion anchors for wall mounting
- Drill template
- Wire set
- Note: Optional power supply is available for seprate purchase - not included.