Viking Electronics 40TB-IP VoIP Ceiling Speaker with Talkback
The Viking model 40TB-IP Talk-Back Ceiling / Wall Speaker enables two-way conversations via SIP and also allows for standard paging and background music via multicast. The Talk-Back Speaker easily connects with a single CAT5/6 cable from your PoE switch. Its shallow depth allows the speaker to be conveniently mounted in a standard 2″ x 4″ stud wall or ceiling.
An auxiliary switch input allows a hard wired wall button to initiate a SIP call. Alternately, an optional wireless remote call button can be used (Viking model BTR-3, sold separately). A momentary button press will initiate a standard call, and holding the button for 3 or more seconds will initiate an emergency call. The remote can also be used to adjust the speaker volume. The LED on the 40TB-IP can be programmed to blink when there is call activity.
The integrated microphone enables talk-back and also monitors room noise to automatically increase speaker volume when necessary. Line-level audio output connections are provided for connecting to an external amplifier. A built-in 6 Watt class D amplifier with speaker output connections is also provided to directly drive additional analog 8 Ohm speakers.
A programmable relay output is provided for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc.
Viking Electronics 40TB-IP Features
- PoE powered (class 3, less than 13 Watts)
- Use with an optional BTR-3 wireless remote to activate calls or adjust speaker volume
- Paging prioritization
- Plays audio from multicast
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- Supports up to 10 multicast paging groups
- Add an optional SL-2 blue, green, red or amber strobe light (see DOD 242)
- Blue call status LED indicator
- SIP compliant (see product manual for list of compatible IP-PBX phone systems)
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for operation in noisy environments
- Viking’s proprietary VOX switching eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Autoprovisioning via Viking programming software
- Built-in high efficiency 6 Watt class D amplifier
- Relay for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc.
- SIP / Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast stream, zoned multicast receive
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Line-level audio output for connecting to an external amplifier
- Hangs up on: busy signal, time-out, or touch tone command
- Network remote speaker volume control
- Can drive additional external analog speakers for greater coverage
- Mounting: Blind mounts into 9.5″ hole, clearance requirement of 3.45″ (87.3mm) above 0.5″ gypsum board ceiling
- Heavy duty back box protects speaker and circuitry against plenum dust
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to automatically increase ring volume to compensate for ambient noise
- Diagnostics (for testing mic, speaker & relay)