Viking Electronics 250 Watt 70V SIP/Multicast Paging Amplifier (PA-250-IP)
The Viking model PA-250-IP SIP/Multicast Paging Amplifier provides up to 250 watts of loud paging for SIP based VoIP phone systems (hardware or hosted/cloud based service provider). The PA-250-IP can be used for standard SIP endpoint paging or multicast paging.
The unit easily connects with a single CAT5/6 cable from your network switch. The night ring feature is programmable for time of day and day of week to enable loud ringing for after hour incoming calls.
The PA-250-IP has the power to drive up to two hundred fifty (250) 70V speakers and/or paging horns. The small 1U rack size chassis is possible because the PA-250-IP uses new amplifier technology that is 3 times more efficient than old designs competitors use. High efficiency means much less heat dissipation, smaller size, higher reliability, and lower cost. The PA-250-IP provides more paging power at less cost than competitors’ offerings.
70V distributed audio paging systems have many other cost savings advantages such as being able to put more speakers on a wire run, having longer speaker wire runs, use of smaller gauge wire, and being able to set the volume of each speaker independently.
Other inputs include Background Music and Aux Input. A 600 Ohm output allows additional paging amplification to be added for an even larger system. The PA-250-IP features individual level controls with LED indicators for each input, automatic peak limiting, multiple amplifier protection modes, an adjustable Automatic Level Control, and Bass & Treble Controls.
The Aux input allows the addition of another audio source such as a clock controlled tone generator (Viking model CTG-1A or CTG-2A), or emergency notification system (Viking Model DNA-510), to name a few.
Viking 250 Watt 70V SIP Paging Amp Features
- SIP compliant
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- SIP/Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast receive
- Plays audio from standard multicast sources
- Compatible with Polycom multicast paging
- Red “Page/Status” LED indicator
- Network downloadable firmware
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Network remote volume control
- Paging prioritization
- Programmable pre-page alert tone
- Powerful 70V amplifier drives up to 250 Watt load
- Door chime trigger input
- Auxiliary and background music inputs
- Individual and master volume controls
- Bass and treble controls
- LEDs show audio level and activity
- Provides loud ringing
- 600 Ohm output to drive additional amplifiers
- Adjustable Automatic Level Control
- Peak limiter and multiple protection modes
- Power: 100V to 240V AC, 50 to 60Hz
- Dimensions: approx. 19” x 1.75” x 6” (483mm x 44.5mm x 153mm)
- Shipping Weight: lbs ( kg)
- Environmental: 0°C to 32°C (32°F to 90°F) with 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity
- SIP Audio Codecs: G711u, G722 and G711a
- Multicast Audio Codecs: G711u and G722
- Network Compliance: IEEE 802.3 af PoE, SIP 2.0 RFC3261, 100BASE-TX with auto cross over
- Regulatory Compliance: CE, FCC Part 15 and Canada ICES-003 Class A
- Frequency Response: 55 – 18,000 Hz (+/- 10 dB)
- Connections: (1) RJ45 10/100 Base-T, (1) 3.5mm, (2) IEC C8 AC power inlets, (11) removable cage clamp screw terminals
- Power Cord: Dual IEC C7 plugs “Y” power cord included