Viking Electronics IP Paging Speaker Adapter w/Talk-Back (PSA-TB-IP)
The Viking model PSA-TB-IP Paging Speaker Adapter with Talk-Back enables you to quickly convert any 8 ohm, 25V or 70V analog paging speaker into a SIP endpoint paging speaker. The microphone enables Talk-Back and also monitors room noise to automatically increase the speaker volume when necessary. After the quick conversion the speaker can then be used for standard one-way SIP endpoint paging, two-way conversations via SIP endpoint paging, one-way multicast paging and making standard or emergency two-way SIP calls initiated from its switch input.
The PSA-TB-IP’s compact chassis is easily attached magnetically to the back of the speaker magnet or fastened to the 25/70V transformer mounting holes on the speaker frame. Use the provided connectors to simply attach to the existing speaker wires then connect with a single CAT5/6 cable from your PoE switch.
An optional auxiliary switch input allows a hard wired wall button, concealed under desk switch, etc. to initiate a SIP call. A momentary button press will initiate a standard call, while holding the button for 3 or more seconds will initiate an emergency call.
The PSA-TB-IP has a high efficiency 6 watt class D amplifier capable of driving up to six 8 Ohm analog paging speakers. This allows you to use a single PSA-TB-IP to cover up to a six speaker paging zone with approximately one watt of paging power per speaker.
Viking PSA-TB-IP Adapter Features
- SIP compliant (see page two for compatible SIP servers and IP phone systems)
- PoE powered (class 3, <13 Watts)
- Paging prioritization
- Plays audio from standard multicast sources
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- Red call status LED indicator
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for operation in noisy environments
- Viking’s proprietary VOX switching eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Compatible with Polycom multicast paging
- Built-in high efficiency 6 Watt class D amplifier
- Can drive up to six 8 ohm analog speakers for greater coverage
- SIP/Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast receive
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Hangs up on: busy signal, time-out, or touch tone command
- Network remote speaker volume control
- Mounting: Magnetically attach to speaker magnet or fasten to the 25/70V transformer
mounting holes on speaker frame
- Chassis protects circuitry against plenum dust
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to automatically increase ring volume to compensate for
- Diagnostics for testing microphone and speaker
- Programmable pre-page alert tone